|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• University College Dublin has produced a statement on the responsible uses of research metrics, relevant to hiring, promotion and tenure decisions.
• The five core principles are derived from the Leiden Manifesto, DORA and the Metric Tide Report.
• The University states that uses of metrics should align with diversity, equality and inclusion priorities, for instance by taking into account different career patterns, including career stage, career breaks, statutory leave and part-time working.
• The University established a Working Group on the Responsible Use of Research Metrics.
• The working group will oversee implementation of the principles and report to a Research, Innovation and Impact Group (RIIG) of the University Management Team.
• The RIIG will keep strategies and procedures for uses of research metrics under review.