|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• As of the Spring of 2021, the Provost explicitly requested all candidates going through promotion or tenure processes should document their contributions to diversity, equity, inclusion.
• Candidates are asked to document their Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI)-related activities and accomplishments in the context of research/creative activities, teaching, service, outreach, and engagement.
• Faculty are asked to provide in narrative form how DEI efforts are interwoven and enhance all other areas of faculty accomplishment.
• The Provost states: “Significant involvement in DEI efforts can be viewed as a metric for advancement.” (Pages 5-6).
• There is a qualification that not all candidates can equally fulfill this criteria, and that not all research and teaching activities can include this component of merit.