|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• After signing DORA in 2016, Indiana University Bloomington generated five principles for responsible metrics, based on the Leiden Manifesto. These consist of:
• Systems used by faculty and administrators should acknowledge and take into account the heterogeneity of disciplines by making coverage transparent and including field normalized indicators.
• Quantitative indicators should be used to supplement rather than supplant other forms of review, such as peer review.
• The structure, data, and use of the system should align with the values of the institution and not incentivize behavior incompatible with these values.
• Systems should provide data that are accurate and can be made available for validation.
• Data relating to faculty members should be made available to those faculty members.