|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In 2021, Indiana-Purdue University introduced a new policy to better reward Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in promotion, tenure-track and merit assessments.
• Criteria to assess these contributions were updated in the faculty promotion guidelines. Multiple sources of information should inform candidates’ accounts, and criteria to assess them includes:
• Diversity, equity, and inclusion: The candidate articulates a philosophy of diversity, equity, and inclusion, including if appropriate any specifically targeted aspect.
• Integrated activity: The candidate has interrelated activities and accomplishments as an IUPUI faculty member in teaching, research, and service which demonstrably support and advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Independence, innovation, and initiative: The candidate articulates their personal role as an essential and generative actor within diversity initiatives.
• Interdependence and teamwork are valued as well as contributions to group achievements; the candidates need to describe their own roles and responsibilities.
• The University has also introduced open access as a value in its promotion and tenure guidelines.