|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In 2017 Imperial College London adopted in full recommendations of a report from the College’s Responsible Metrics working group. The working group recommended:
• Criteria used to inform hiring, tenure, and promotion decisions should be made explicit, and that the scientific content of a paper is always more important than publication metrics or name of the journal.
• All research outputs should be considered (including datasets and software) and a broad range of impact measures including qualitative indicators of research impact, such as influence on policy and practice, should be taken into account.
• All departments adopted the recommendation that candidates for (senior) lecturer positions select their four highest quality research outputs (not only publications) and summarize the results from each.
• Candidates are informed that Journal Impact Factors should not be included in application documents.