|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In the Netherlands, various debates, agendas and campaigns around responsible research assessment culminated in the multi-stakeholder Recognition and Rewards Programme and its position paper ‘Room for Everyone’s Talent’ being published in 2019.
• The TU Delft Recognition & Rewards committee was established to translate this national-level programme within the University.
• TU Delft published its vision for Recognition and Rewards Programme, 2021-2024, setting out the aim of diversifying its academic career pathways, redesigning assessment reward criteria, and building a culture of open science.
• Next steps proposed by the TU Delft Recognition & Rewards committee to the University Executive include projects to align University policies and practices with values of open science and responsible assessments.
• Projects that will potentially be explored include changing criteria for appointments for academic positions, updating the tenure track policy, and new policies on metrics and use CRediT authorship taxonomy.