|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• University of Wolverhampton Research Indicators (Metrics) Policy sets out a commitment to the Metric Tide Report’s 5 principles for responsible uses of research metrics (robustness; humility; transparency; diversity; and reflexivity).
• The Policy pledges that the University will never require applicants for academic positions to submit quantitative performance indicators and that an individual’s work will not be judged as less impactful if no quantitative indicators were provided.
• If external reviewers on promotion panels use research metrics, this use will be compared against the principles for responsible metrics set out in the Policy, with attention paid to attention to diversity, age and field differences.
• Applicants are discouraged from use of Journal Impact Factors and other journal level metrics in the course of their application submissions.
• The Policy references a number of sources on which its principles and commitments are based, including the Metric Tide Report, the Leiden Manifesto, DORA, and responsible research assessment statements by Loughborough University and University of York.