|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In 2019, the University of Highlands and Islands (UHI) produced a statement on the responsible uses of research metrics, based on the Leiden Manifesto, DORA, the Metric Tide Report, the 2018 follow-up UK Progress Towards the Use of Metrics Responsibly, Plan S and other Universities’ policies.
• The principles are intended to guide the use of bibliometrics and Altmetrics in various forms of assessment, including recruiting individuals.
• The statement explicitly states Journal Impact Factors and H-Index should never be used in the assessment of individuals’ research activities.
• One of the guiding principles gives an outline of how to construct assessment reports that include research metrics, that are aligned to principles of the Metric Tide and Leiden Manifesto.
• The guidance is to be reviewed on a biannual basis by a cross-section of representatives from across the University.
• The University will also provide professional training for staff on the development and use of research metrics.