|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In October 2018, a Responsible use of Metrics Policy was approved by the University of Durham’s Faculty Senate.
• The Policy sets out a number of responsibilities for the University and individual staff to uphold with respect to uses of research metrics in all research assessment, including faculty hiring and promotion decisions.
• University responsibilities include commitment to metrics being used in a transparent manner and training and support being provided to staff. The policy also commits to upholding a number of standards for the fair and appropriate usage and design and development of research metrics.
• Individual responsibilities include ensuring that that their individual records are up to date, complete and accurate and ensuring they use metrics in a responsible way, having enrolled in available training opportunities.
• The University’s library also publishes on its website information resources on responsible metrics.
• Negligence and intentional non-compliance with the policy may result in disciplinary proceedings.