|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• After signing DORA in 2018, St. George’s University of London set up a DORA working group in 2020 to explore integrating DORA principles into the University’s research culture and environment.
• As part of the commitment to pursue ‘whole-system change’, in 2020 St. George’s committed to a significant action plan, consisting of:
• Issuing a statement of commitment to the DORA principles on the SGUL website.
• Providing guidelines to senior staff on good practice in research(er) evaluation during hiring, promotion and reward with a suite of options for requesting and measuring the range of academic contributions to research (including the CREDiT taxonomy and Résumé for Researchers toolkit produced by the Royal Society).
• Providing guidance and workshops for researchers to raise awareness of tools for recording/evidencing the full range of their contributions to high-quality scientific research on CVs and promotions applications.
• Developing an advocacy programme and communication to raise awareness of these initiatives.
• Exploring opportunities to identify areas where good practice isn’t being upheld. Develop a process to monitor and report on progress.
• The University website states that guidance has been issued to its promotions committee on using publication metrics responsibly for academic promotions (link to guidance is behind an intranet).