|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• As a signatory of DORA, Manchester Metropolitan University published a statement on principles of responsible research metrics to be adhered to throughout the University.
• The statement strongly resonates with principles articulated by DORA and the Leiden Manifesto.
• The five principles include:
• Metrics should inform qualitative and expert assessment and opinion, not replace it; research metrics should be used in the appropriate context; this means metrics should be applied appropriately in relation to subject area/discipline, career stage, working patterns and the focus of a particular job role; transparency in how metrics are used, with individuals given the right to respond.
• Another principle is that those staff using metrics will be given appropriate training.