|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• After signing DORA, in 2021 the University of Calgary announced that “…plans are under way to develop a framework and the required tools, platforms, and resources to pursue a new paradigm in research and innovation impact assessment.”
• In 2021 the Academic Staff Criteria and Processes Handbook to inform promotion and tenure of faculty and research staff included a line committing to DORA.
• The handbook also included criteria regarding knowledge engagement and knowledge transfer, being rewarded in assessments, among other criteria.
• In 2021 the University also signed virtually the Scarborough Charter on Anti-Black Racism and Black Inclusion.
• The charter contains four overarching principles to bring about institutional change: Black flourishing, inclusive excellence, mutuality, and accountability.
• Part of the University of Calgary’s plans to respond to these principles is to develop an Equitable and Inclusive Hiring Guide to help improve recruitment of black faculty members.