|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In an online article for OpenSource.com senior figures at Rochester Institute of Technology announced the imminent establishing of Open@RIT – an office which aims to grow “RIT’s impact on all things Open”
• This includes: “Open Source Software, Open Data, Open Science, Open Hardware, Open Educational Resources and Creative Commons licensed efforts, what we like to refer to in aggregate as Open Work.”
• Amongst its remit, the office will look at how faculty can get credit toward tenure and promotion for open work.
• It will also put on professional development workshops for staff in how to build evaluation, tenure and promotion cases with Open Work.
• Recommendations for citing and supporting Open Work in Tenure and Promotion are also being included in Open@RIT’s draft policy on Open Work due for release in 2022.