|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• UNI Galway issued The Statement on Responsible Uses of Research Metrics
• This committed UNI Galway to fair, transparent and responsible research assessments and responsible uses of metrics.
• A University Management Team was set-up to oversee implementation of the principles and monitor their embedding into practice via consultative processes.
• As well as integrating key guidance from DORA and the Leiden Manifesto, the Statement also incorporates a commitment to research integrity, citing the influence of the Hong Kong Principles for Research Integrity.
• NUI states the commitment that “Implementing the Responsible Metrics [Statement] will lead to changes in the way researchers are evaluated when it comes to job appointments or promotions.”