|Summary of Intervention(s)|
• In response to signing DORA in 2019, Cardiff University has developed a set of 12 principles for responsible uses of research metrics, derived from DORA, the Leiden Manifesto, and the Metric Tide Report. The University has also reported making a number of changes to its practices for hiring and promoting academic staff:
• The generic job description for teaching and research staff posts was revised to place emphasis on the content of the research rather than its publication outlet.
• A set of recommended responsible research assessment interview questions have been created.
• Responsible research assessment has been incorporated into recruitment and promotions panel training.
• The University is trying to introduce CRediT (Contributor Roles Taxonomy) into its assessment criteria, a taxonomy scheme that seeks to capture a candidate’s authorship contributions and promote equitable authorship.